A navel piercing takes anywhere from 6 to 9 months to heal. That’s a long time to wear the same belly button ring. And it’s why the best belly piercing jewelry is made of titanium or surgical stainless steel. Both of these metals are excellent for rapid healing even if you have sensitive skin. Just ask Billie Eilish, Beyoncé, or Miley Cyrus because they all have belly piercings.
On the off chance that you need to take out the jewelry (like for a medical procedure), it’s good to have a BioFlex retainer on hand to keep the holes open. This transparent material is flexible and pretty much invisible from a distance.
- The best metals for belly piercing jewelry
- The top styles of belly piercing jewelry
- How to choose the right size of belly piercing jewelry
- Best Belly Piercing Jewelry in 2022
- COCHARM G23 Solid Titanium Bezel 14G CZ Navel Rings 10mm Belly Bar Barbells
- CIZME G23 Solid Titanium Belly Button Rings 14G CZ Belly Navel Rings 6mm 10mm Belly Bars
- Covet Jewelry Galaxy Gaze Acrylic Logo Belly Button Ring 14GA
- MODRSA Surgical Stainless Steel Belly Button Rings Short 14G Navel Barbell CZ Opal
- Tiny Belly Button Ring Simple Navel Hoop Handmade Opal Piercing Jewelry
- Forbidden Body Jewelry Surgical Steel Tribal Feather and Arrow Charms Synthetic Turquoise Dangle Belly Ring
- QWALIT 14g Clear Belly Button Rings Bioflex Plastic Belly Ring Curved Barbell Navel Piercings Retainers
- Snake Belly Button Rings in Solid 18k Gold and Diamond, Dangle Navel Ring
The best metals for belly piercing jewelry
It’s easy to get caught up with how the jewelry looks – whether it’s black, rose gold, or shiny silver and if it has cubic zirconia, turquoise, or some other decorative accent. But before you get caught up deciding between a reverse belly button ring or a bent barbell, let’s talk about materials.
Titanium is inert and nonreactive which is why it’s used for hip replacements and so forth. It’s the perfect choice for piercing jewelry.
Surgical stainless steel is less expensive than titanium and a smart choice for new piercings.
Gold belly piercing jewelry is very popular and available in yellow, white, and rose-tinted versions.
Silver is beautiful but not a safe choice for new piercings. It tends to tarnish and may cause an infection.
BioFlex is a clear plastic that’s safe to use in new piercings to keep the hole open when you must remove jewelry (like for sports, surgery, visits to the in-laws, etc.). You can find BioFlex belly piercing jewelry, too. We like it because it’s more comfortable than traditional metal jewelry.
The top styles of belly piercing jewelry
You’ll likely see lots of curved barbells for belly piercings. Some are plain metal and others feature beautiful and intricate accents including embedded gems.
Also, there are belly button rings, captive rings, seamless rings, reverse rings, and other types of hoops some of which have charms dangling from them.
How to choose the right size of belly piercing jewelry
When you get the piercing, it’s important to find out what gauge or thickness jewelry fits in it as well as the length. Typically, a professionally done piercing uses 14 gauge (14g) wire. You might also find some that are 16 gauge and thinner (the bigger the number, the thinner the wire).
As for length, most belly bars are 10mm or 11mm, although you might find some as long as 14mm.
|The best belly piercing jewelry||Why we love them|
|COCHARM G23 Solid Titanium Belly Barbell||
|CIZME G23 Solid Titanium Belly Bar||
|Covet Jewelry Galaxy Gaze Belly Button Bar||
|MODRSA Surgical Stainless Steel Belly Button Rings Short 14G Navel Barbell CZ Opal||
|Tiny Belly Button Ring Navel Hoop Handmade Opal Piercing Jewelry||
|Forbidden Body Jewelry Surgical Steel Tribal Feather and Arrow Charms Synthetic Turquoise Dangle||
|QWALIT 14g Clear Bioflex Plastic Belly Ring Curved Barbell Retainer||
|Snake Belly Button Ring in Solid 18k Gold and Diamond, Dangle Navel Ring||
Best Belly Piercing Jewelry in 2022
Check out the belly piercing jewelry reviews below to learn more about belly button rings, belly barbells, and more.
This gorgeous belly piercing jewelry is sure to attract attention. It’s studded with cut opals and cubic zirconia mounted on a shiny titanium barbell.
The G23 solid titanium metal is safe for sensitive skin, even new piercings. It’s nickel-free and hypoallergenic. There’s no need to worry about the embedded gems because they don’t touch the skin, only the titanium does.
Moreover, the bar is straightforward to insert and remove as all you have to do is unscrew the top ball. It’s internally threaded so there are no unsightly markings visible.
The length of the bar is 10 mm, but the total length of the jewelry is 16 mm, the perfect size for most belly buttons. Also, the thickness is 14 gauge, perfect for a new piercing. (Not everyone knows that 14 gauge means that it’s 1.6mm thick, but now you do).
Lastly, the jewelry comes with a service guarantee as the manufacturer promises to resolve issues within twenty-four hours.
- Attractive belly piercing jewelry made with G23 solid titanium
- Hypoallergenic and safe for sensitive skin, does not contain nickel
- Studded with opals and cubic zirconia
- Top ball is internally threaded for easy removal
- 14 gauge thickness with a 10 mm bar length
- None, unless you want a different style of piercing jewelry
They say that diamonds are a girl’s best friend, but we prefer cubic zirconia because it looks just as nice but doesn’t cost anywhere near as much. This hypoallergenic titanium belly bar is ultra-lightweight and discreet with elegant bling.
The top ball is studded with a cubic zirconia. It screws off so you can insert and remove the jewelry. The bottom ball is larger and also studded with diamond-like cubic zirconia. Then, the 14 gauge bar (the wearable part) is 10 mm long and the top ball adds on another 5 mm.
If there’s any criticism, it’s that you’ll want to clean the jewelry every so often to keep it bright and shiny.
- 14-gauge titanium belly bar studded with cubic zirconia
- Top ball is internally threaded and unscrews for insertion and removal
- 10 mm wearable length
- The jewelry needs to be cleaned every so often to stay looking like new
Covet Jewelry Galaxy Gaze Acrylic Logo Belly Button Ring 14GA
Here you can choose bent barbells with different colors of acrylic balls. The one we like best is teal. It has a bottom ball that’s inset with what appears to be a space scene with stars, a moon, and planets. It’s called “Galaxy Gaze”.
The surgical steel bar is biocompatible and safe for new piercings. It’s surprisingly comfortable and has all the typical measurements you might expect: 14 gauge wire and a 10mm long bar. The top ball measures 5mm and the bottom 8mm.
- Colorful belly bars with acrylic balls with attractive designs
- 14 gauge surgical stainless steel with a 10 mm wearable length
- 5 mm top ball and 8 mm bottom ball
- The space scene is cool but tiny
If you’re looking for a short barbell, these designs come in 6, 8, and 10 mm lengths. They’re especially convenient if a belly button piercing has stretched and jewelry is catching on clothing.
All of them are 14 gauge 316L surgical stainless steel that’s hypoallergenic with no lead or nickel.
What’s nice is that the jewelry comes in a set with 3 different styles. It’s a great starter pack with enough variety to keep from getting bored wearing the same piercing jewelry every day.
The set we reviewed contains a silvery belly button ring inset with opal and to others studded with cubic zirconia (also known as CZ). We discovered that the opal bar has 2 threaded balls, but the diamond-like CZ bars only unscrew at the top.
- Set of 3 different styles of belly barbells
- Available in short lengths
- Studded with either opal or cubic zirconia
- 14 gauge 315L surgical stainless steel that’s led and nickel-free
- Be sure to select the correct length
This belly ring is a delicate golden seamless hoop with a brightly colored opal dangling from it. It’s 14k gold-filled sterling silver that’s tarnish-resistant and nickel-free. Choose from green, blue, white, or pink opal gemstones.
The hoop is thinner than the typical belly piercing ring as it’s only 16 gauge instead of 14 gauge. Moreover, you can get this handcrafted jewelry in different sizes with 7, 8, 9, or 10mm diameters.
There’s a big downside, however. You’ll need pliers to open and close it. But once it’s in place, reviewers say it’s super comfortable.
- Delicate gold-filled sterling silver belly button ring with a dangling opal
- Gemstone is available in various colors
- Hoop is available in different sizes
- Handcrafted jewelry is thinner than the typical belly ring at only 16 gauge
- Tarnish-resistant and nickel-free
- Must be opened and closed with pliers
Forbidden Body Jewelry Surgical Steel Tribal Feather and Arrow Charms Synthetic Turquoise Dangle Belly Ring
Here’s an eye-catching tribal design made with turquoise and stainless steel. It’s from a well-known American body piercing brand based in Scottsdale Arizona.
The 14 gauge bar is 316L surgical stainless steel that’s safe for sensitive skin. It’s shaped into a curved barbell with a small top ball and a larger bottom ball with dangling charms. The charm features a synthetic turquoise gemstone where the arrows and feather meet.
Although the wearable length of the barbell is 10 mm (3/8 inch), the total length of the jewelry is one and a half inches.
If you like what you see, be sure to check out the other Forbidden Jewelry belly piercing rings. They have a wide variety of styles and designs.
- Native American style charm with arrows, turquoise, and a feather
- 316L surgical stainless steel to protect sensitive skin
- Bar has the typical size and thickness for belly piercing jewelry
- From a well-known body piercing jewelry brand in Arizona
- Difficult to wear with high waisted clothing
BioFlex retainers like this are ideal for keeping a piercing open when you can’t wear metal jewelry. Playing sports, getting an MRI, and visiting the in-laws are all good times for having clear plastic belly button barbells on hand.
Also, if your piercing is infected, try swapping out the jewelry for a BioFlex belly ring while your skin heals. It could be that the metal is irritating the piercing and slowing down the healing process. But the flexible plastic is non-toxic and hypoallergenic.
- Perfect for keeping a piercing open when metal jewelry can’t be worn
- Comfortable, flexible, and hypoallergenic
- Available in various sizes
How about a made-to-order belly button bar with real gold and diamonds? It’s artisanal handcrafted belly piercing jewelry in the form of a snake with diamonds for eyes. The total length is about 15 mm, but the bar length is anywhere from 10 to 12 mm depending on what you want.
Choose from white, yellow, or rose 18 karat gold. Each snake is studded with brilliant genuine, ethically sourced diamonds from South Africa.
- Made to order handcrafted belly bar in the shape of a snake
- Available in yellow, white, and rose 18 karat gold
- Studded with real diamonds ethically sourced from South Africa
It’s easy to express yourself with beautiful belly piercing jewelry. As you saw in the reviews above, there are many different styles available at affordable prices. If you’re in doubt about where to begin, you can’t go wrong with a titanium belly bar that speeds up healing.