If you have acne marks and hyperpigmentation at some areas you will need to use layers and layers of foundation to cover them up which clearly takes way longer than expected and doesn’t even last for a good amount of time.
Moreover, if you have abundant tattoos on your skin as well, and you might want to cover them for any given reason, this is your best guide on how to do that and what products to use as well.
Trust me, it isn’t as daunting as it may seem like, so you don’t want to panic at all!
So, to help you out today I’ll be reviewing high coverage concealers. Yes, you read it right HIGH COVERAGE concealers and no your makeup won’t look cakey at all.
I’ll also be helping you out on choosing the perfect concealer for your skin type and the application of concealer, so there’s so much exciting stuff in-store today, make sure not to miss out any bit of it!
- What is a makeup concealer and how do I use it?
- How to use a concealer?
- Why should you use a concealer?
- Top Makeup Concealers to Cover Tattoos
- Tarte concealer
- Maybelline age rewind concealer
- NYX professional makeup concealer
- Maybelline fit me concealer
- Malloy beauty H3 concealer
- Pacifica beauty concealer
- PÜR Disappearing concealer
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Radiant Brightening Cream Concealer
- Covergirl girl true blend concealer
- Revlon photo-ready concealer
- Wet n wild concealer
- Organic makeup concealer
- Ecco Bella vegan concealer
- Pure disappearing act concealer
- Glo skin under eye concealer
- Final words
What is a makeup concealer and how do I use it?
Conceal basically means not allow to be seen/hide and that’s literally what a concealer does. It hides all your acne marks, blemishes, hyperpigmentation, dark circles, and any other mark in-fact high coverage concealers can also cover tattoos, however there are many types of concealers from a very light coverage one to an extremely high coverage one and that all depends on what type of skin you’re using it for.
Concealer plays a huge part in our makeup routine, with the help of concealers we cover up all our imperfections and even out our skin.
Concealer gives your makeup a camouflaged look as it blends in extremely well with your skin and the best part is that there’s a wide range of shades in concealers for every skin color and type, you might also want to research more on the type of concealer that suits your skin type as it plays a huge role in your makeup routine
Applying concealer is the key to a successful makeup look, applying too much or too little concealer can make your makeup look extremely fake or extremely light; the right consistency makes all the difference as well as the type of makeup applicator you’re using. A beauty blender usually works best for applying concealer (preferably a wet beauty blender).
How to use a concealer?
Before we dive into the specifics of the best concealers, we have to understand the system of how should we use a concealer. It’s not that complicated, so by following our ways listed below, you can easily use it in the best possible way. Make sure to use the best quality products since you don’t want to compromise on the health of your skin at all.
- To use a concealer you would need a primed and moisturized skin. Once your skin has been moisturized you may then begin with using the concealer.
- After moisturizing your face you then apply a tiny bit of foundation (only if you are going for a full glam makeup look) however if you’re going for a no-makeup look you then do not need to apply foundation. [optional]
- You begin with applying the concealer under your eyes to cover up your dark circle however if you do not have any dark circles you may then apply the concealer on any area where there are redness and marks.
- You may now blend the concealer with the help of a beauty blender or a thin makeup brush (preferably).
Why should you use a concealer?
Your skin has been perfectly moisturized and now you’re moving on to the foundation however you keep on applying layers and layers of foundation to cover up those acne marks, blemishes, pores, etc. However at this point after using Ton loads of foundation your making starts to look really fake and cakey and you’re afraid that your skin won’t glow as much as it would if you would’ve applied less foundation, now this is where concealer comes to the rescue!
Concealer Is literally a life-changing makeup product it covers up an imperfection on your skin and makes your skin as smooth as a new canvas so that you can unleash your inner artist and try on as many makeups looks you want to on clear spotless skin.
All the concealers that I’ll be showing you today will meet the 3 following requirements:
- High coverage; not all concealers are extremely High coverage some concealers just cover the redness on your skin while they’re unable to cover your acne spots or any other dark spots on your face, however, high coverage concealers do the job and with the help on these concealers, you won’t even have to apply a foundation as they fulfill the job of a foundation too as it can literally also cover tattoos it’s like a two in one product.
- Natural look; as most of the high coverage concealers and foundations give us a very pasty look I can guarantee you these concealers are extremely moist and bendable. Once you avoid using too much foundation that eventually leaves a more casual look on your face, however, it depends on your skin type as per the hyperpigmentation and blemishes.
- They do not leave an after effect on your skin; many people are afraid of using heavy concealers as they’re always afraid of the number of chemicals being applied on to their skin and whether those chemicals leave a mark on their skin once they wash off their makeup, no these concealers are extremely reliable and they contain a very little amount of chemicals and so you do not have to worry about any acne once you take off your makeup.
Top Makeup Concealers to Cover Tattoos
If you are looking for the ideal concealer for your tattoo, the first thing is to take into account the real tone of your skin as well as the texture and the form of application that are most practical for you. To make your task easier, I have selected the 15 best concealers that are sweeping the beauty’s world.
It’s a full coverage concealer that gives you a Matte natural finish look however if you have very dry skin you might want to use a good amount of primer underneath it.
If you have extremely oily skin this product will definitely do wonders for your skin.
Maybelline age rewind concealer
It’s a very natural-looking concealer and the best part is that it’s extremely affordable, it also has a very sufficient applicator, and it blends in extremely smoothly.
It’s very hydrating so if your skin is breaking out or has dry surfaces this is the product that you need!
NYX professional makeup concealer
It’s very long-lasting and it can last way longer than a normal concealer. It also has great coverage and consistency, one of the best parts about it!
It’s extremely smooth and evens out any blemishes on your skin.
It makes your skin look super healthy and makes it glow.
Maybelline fit me concealer
It’s a really natural coverage concealer it’s best for dry skin.
Its fragrance-free which means that there aren’t many chemicals added to it and it’s also ophthalmologist tested on every skin type and it works great for dry skin specifically.
It caters to a wide range of skin tones, so there isn’t much of a problem with that at all.
Malloy beauty H3 concealer
Malloy beauty is the makeup brand which I’m sure most of you haven’t heard of but trust me it’s completely worth it.
The formula is extremely creamy and hydration for your skin it gives you an untouched makeup look covering all your acne spots.
It has a great consistency which means by applying a short amount you can go for hours and it doesn’t run out easily too.
Pacifica beauty concealer
The best part about this specific concealer is that it’s 100% vegan free, so if you are vegan, this is the perfect product for you, no doubt!
It also contains petroleum jelly which means it has an extremely smooth application.
When it comes to price, I’d say that this product is comparatively cheaper than the lot, so if you want something that is vegan and is light on your pocket as well, get this one right away.
PÜR Disappearing concealer
It works for all age groups it’s specially made for the people who have wrinkles and covers up all their dark circles too.
It’s extremely smooth as it doesn’t make your skin look cakey at all!
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Radiant Brightening Cream Concealer
It contains vitamin E which is extremely beneficial for your skin and gives you a healthy plus brighter skin setting it apart from the crowd in its own ways!
Covergirl girl true blend concealer
It has a great Coverage and the application is amazing as its lightweight and also gives you a full coverage look.
You can use it for an everyday neutral look with some amazing results.
Revlon photo-ready concealer
As its name suggests it’s amazing for photoshoots and gives your skin a silk touch and makes it come out even more smoothly.
It gives your skin a very soft look and it covers up all your pores too.
It gives your skin a matte finish look.
It’s long-lasting too, so you won’t need to re-apply it after every few minutes. Keep the annoyance aside, apply it once, and enjoy for a long period of time!
Wet n wild concealer
It gives your skin a very neutral everyday look and works great for an everyday office or school look.
It’s normal coverage however it still covers up all the hyperpigmentation on your skin.
The best part: it’s comparatively lighter in your pocket.
Organic makeup concealer
So this concealer is a little different from your normal concealers as it’s in a pasty form then a liquid form.
However, with the tint help of a tiny bit of a primer, you can easily apply it’s on your skin and it makes your skin look flawless.
Ecco Bella vegan concealer
This one is a stick concealer and not a liquid one and it’s long-lasting as well.
It can be used on all skin types, so you don’t have to worry about that as well.
For best results, you may want to apply a little bit of foundation, but that is a complete option so make the right choice!
Pure disappearing act concealer
This is another pure cosmetic product, it’s not a liquid one, however, this one lasts you longer compared to the liquid one and it’s more travel friendly as it is compact.
With the help of a beauty blender and a small amount of primer, it’s easily blendable, which means it works really well even if you have dark tattoos.
It’s great for oily and hydrated skin as it can be a little too cakey on dry skin.
Glo skin under eye concealer
It’s perfect if you have really bad under-eye circles. However, it doesn’t work great if you have many pores.
However, it covers up all your blemishes but it doesn’t cover up acne and blackheads.
Concealer plays a vital role in our makeup routine be it high or medium coverage it helps to cover pimples, acne marks, hyperpigmentation, blemishes, and whatnot. Some concealers need to be used with the help of a foundation to show out its perfect results, but as we mentioned before, experiment and see what works best for you.
It makes your skin super smooth and spotless so that you can experiment with your makeup in any way you’d like to. No matter how tired you are, concealers are always there to brighten up your face and vanish of all the tiredness in just a matter of seconds.
In my opinion, High coverage concealers are the best as they also cut down the cost and time of using a foundation. However, finding the right type of concealer for your skin type and according to the darkness could be a challenging process in itself but I hope the article cleared out most of your confusions through honest advice!