Rapid fading of tattoos can be a dreadful experience. All tattoos naturally fade over time, but some tanning solutions can seriously speed up the fading process. To keep your tattoo intact and fresh, it is highly essential to pay a little extra attention to what you put on your skin. Apart from shielding the skin from sun exposure, it is also vital to use tattoo-friendly tanning sprays and lotions, which are specially made to protect your tattoo from fading.
It is advised by most dermatologists to avoid tanning until the tattoo has completely healed. However, if you are still seeking for a gorgeous tan and want to display your charming ink, make sure you take proper precautions before jumping into the tanning process.
The Benefits of Using Tanning Lotion for Tattoos
Tanning lotions not only adds a healthy, radiant glow to the skin but also provides deep nourishment to the body making the tattoos last for a prolonged period. The tattoo tanning lotions are formulated with a blend of active ingredients like vitamins, natural oils, and minerals, which rejuvenate the skin from within, intensifying the color of the tattoos. It also has several moisturizing agents in them for providing hydration to the skin.
Tips to Consider Before Buying a Tanning Lotion
Before you rush into purchasing any tanning lotion from the market, there are a few essential tips you should consider while making a decision.
- All skin types are different. If your skin is sensitive to specific oil or extracts, its best to avoid using a product that contains those ingredients, get to know your skin first before buying a tanning lotion.
- It’s important to check the ingredient list of the product. We would suggest you opt for products that contain all-natural ingredients like aloe, cocoa butter, shea butter, coconut oil, etc.
- Always go for durable products that offer long-lasting tan. You might not want to invest in a tanning lotion, where the tan starts to fade away just after a wash.
- Avoid tanning lotions that have toxic chemicals like parabens, SLS as they accelerate skin aging and increases the risk for skin cancer. Your tanning lotion should also be free of fragrances, as they are known to cause irritation and extra dryness to the skin.
- Many tanning lotions have a color fade protectors in the formula that has been developed to extend the life of your tattoo while effectively bronzing up your skin. It perfectly keeps the tattoo vibrant and bright through the dark tan.
- If you are a beginner with a tattoo, we would recommend you to pick a consistent tattoo tanning lotion that is affordable at the same time. You do not need to invest a considerable chunk of money in finding the right quality product for tanning.
- It is essential to use sunblock to protect the tattoo from the harsh heat of the sun. Be it for sensitive skin or tattooed body, ensure that your tanning lotion contains SPF so that you do not damage the condition of your skin. The SPF will act as a barrier against uneven skin tone and premature skin aging.
Choose the right shade for yourself. You can try out a patch test on yourself first to know which tan shade suits you the most, depending on your liking. If it’s too light or too dark for your taste, you can always switch the shade or the brand. The tan color should not overpower the color of your tattoo, or else the ink might start fading early.
In all fairness, tanning is fun and safe only when it is done correctly. You have invested time and endured a lot of pain to get tattooed on your body. It will be disappointing if the tattoo starts to fade because of your carelessness. Therefore, research well before you makes an impulse purchase. Ask around and know all your available options to avoid any lousy tanning experience.